Physical Education Grading Policy
Each category for grading in physical education class is based on the national standards which are provided byNational Association of Sport and Physical Education (NASPE).
Section One (25%)
- Standard 1:Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Student’s skill level and ability to perform the actions required within each sport or game will be assessed as and will represent half of this sections grade.
- Standard 2:Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities..
- Student’s ability to recognize and perform the different strategies within each sport or game will be assessed as and will represent half of this sections grade.
Section Two (25%)
- Standard 3:Participates regularly in physical activity/ Standard 4: Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- The student’s participation level in the classroom, which will include everything from the warm up activities to sports and games that are played in the class, will represent the grade for this section.
Section Three (25%)
- Standard 5:Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- The student’s attitude and cooperation in the classroom will be represented in this portion of their grade. This will include their team work, sportsmanship, ability to play fair, and their overall ability to behave appropriately regardless of outcome; win, lose, or draw.
Section Four (25%)
- Preparation- Student comes to class with the appropriate attire to participate in physical activity.
- Student is wearing footwear that will properly support their ankles and have traction so they do not slip.
- Students should have clothing that is not to tight or revealing to participate in physical activity in.