Safety Rules in the MakersLab
"Protect. Double-check. Make Away."
Use protective gear. Dress right.
- Wear eye protection at all times
- When using power machinery:
- No loose clothing including ties and jewelry
- Tie back or cover long hair
- Safety is your top priority when using the lab. If you are not sure what you are doing, ask.
- Know all the locations of all first aid, fire, and safety equipment.
- Never use a tool unless you’ve been trained to use it safely
- Do not work in the lab if tired, distracted, or in a hurry.
- Do not fool around, startle, or distract anyone (not even with a conversation) while either one of you is using a tool.
- Think through the entire job before starting. Prepare prints or drawings with all dimensions and specifications prior to using machines.
Use tools properly
- Use tools only as they were designed to be used. (A wrench is not a hammer.)
- Never use a broken tool.
- Report any broken tools or machines immediately.
- Do not remove tools from the room.
- Never walk away from a tool that is still on.
- Clean up every time whenever you leave an area, including sweeping the floor.
- Clean and return all tools to where you got them.
- Place hot tools in the designated cool down area
"Take it Out. Put it Away."