Kindergarten Sight Words
Virtual Ways to practice sight words at home:
Online flashcards for word practice:
Some other ideas:
- Spell & read with magnetic letters
- Play a game of tic-tac-toe with your words
- Play sight word BINGO
- Hide sight words on notecards around the house and have your child search and read
- Paper plate toss: write sight words on a paper plate. Have your child toss a bean bag or stuffed animal & read the word that it lands on
- Memory: write sight words on notecards, turn them face down, and play a game of memory
- Chalk: write your words in sidewalk chalk (outside or on black paper)
- Shaving cream: write your words in shaving cream
- Play-doh: make your words out of play-doh
- Make 2 sets of word cards and play a game of "go fish"
- Tape sight words to the ceiling or wall, turn off the lights, and read the words using a flashlight
- Tape sight words in the inside of a muffin tin, then toss a ping pong ball or another small object into the pan. Read and write the word that it lands on.
Here is a video about how to build words!
Find the list of kindergarten words here -
*If you come up with any of your own fun ways to practice sight words, please share them with me!