August 13, 2018
Dear Parents and Students of Roosevelt School,
It is with great excitement that I write this letter to you. This summer has been incredibly busy as we prepare Roosevelt School’s facilities, curriculum, and staff to welcome our incoming Classes of 2027 and 2028. We are incredibly excited to welcome our students and look forward to supporting their educational, social, and emotional success.
We are proud to introduce the newest staff members on the Roosevelt team who will be supporting your children’s education:
- Kristin Brons- Grade 3 and 4- Guidance Counselor
- Maureen Brown- Grade 4- Reading and Writing Intervention Support
- Jamie Chaya- Administrative Assistant to the Principal
- Michael Chuntz- Grade 3 and 4- Math and Science
- Katrina De La Cruz- Grade 4- Math and Science Special Education
- Rebecca Fosbre- Grade 3 and 4- English Language Arts and Social Studies
- Diane Harper- Grades 3 and 4- English Language Learner Support
- Laura Landau- Grades 3- Math and Science
- Alicia Mathewson- Grade 3- English Language Arts and Social Studies
We recognize the challenges that the transition may create, but want to assure all the students and parents that we are ready to help make this school year exciting, fun, and full of meaningful learning. This year, we will be continuing our focus on Character Education by extending the Weston Way to Roosevelt Road. In Weston, your students learned to “Be Safe, Be Responsible, and Be Respectful”. We will be adding “Be Trustworthy, Be Caring, Be a Good Citizen, and Be Fair”. In addition, we will be implementing a building wide Intervention and Enrichment period to provide our students additional time to “catch up” or “get ahead’. Throughout the year, we will hold conversations to share with you, the parents, ways you can support the various initiatives at Roosevelt School.
As we prepare for the first day of school, we want to remind our parents of a few items:
- Please be sure to log into Genesis and complete the various required forms. It is critical that you update your personal and emergency contact information. Also, it is important that you support your child(rens) education by logging on to Genesis frequently throughout the school year and reviewing their grades with them. As a district, we no longer publish physical report cards and all grades will ONLY be available on Genesis.
- In order to obtain your child’s homeroom/schedule for the new school year, you will need to complete the appropriate forms and documents on the Genesis Parent Portal. On the reverse side of this letter is an outline of all items that need to be completed and where they are located.
Here's how it works:
- Enclosed, you will find the following directions:
- “How to Sign Up to the Genesis Parent Portal”
- “Password Reminder” for those parents who have already signed up for the Parent Portal
- “Accessing Documents and Forms in Genesis Parent Portal”
- GET YOUR CHILD’S SCHEDULE EARLY!!! Once all required forms are filled out and signed, your child’s 2018-2019 student schedule and/or homeroom information will be released to you!
- Need Help? Please call 908-231-8500 x 2419 to make an appointment for assistance.
- Please be sure to review the various policies regarding attendance and tardiness the school website.
- Drop Off in the morning- Students should be dropped and picked up on North 4th Avenue. Student supervision will begin at 7:40 AM and students will enter the building immediately upon arrival. Students entering school after 8:00 AM are required to be signed in by a parent/guardian in the main office.
- Please note that there is not a “Drop Off Line” at Roosevelt School. The Borough of Manville recently changed the Parking regulations on North 4th Avenue and parking will no longer be permitted on North 4th Avenue (School Side). Please pull up, drop off, and move on.
- Pick up after school- Students will be dismissed to North 4th between 2:25 PM and 2:35 PM (depending on how quickly they can pack up) by their homeroom teacher.
- Parents/Guardians are required to pick up the students from their classroom teachers at their designated doors. If someone other than the parent/ Guardian is going to pick up, the adult picking up must be on the pick up list and present ID. Third graders will be dismissed using the doors closest to the playground and fourth graders will be dismissed at the doors closest to Brooks Boulevard.
- Parents are encouraged to park in the Sacred Heart Parking lot between North 3rd and 4th Avenue. When parking in the lot, please adhere to the following parking lot norms:
- Park cars in three rows.
- Single row of parking ONLY (Please no double parking).
- Reverse into parking spot, if possible, to allow full sight of children walking
- Avoid idling in the parking lot
- 5 mile speed limit in parking lot
- Please Exit on North 3rd Ave ONLY
- Roosevelt School does not offer Before-Care and student supervision of the playground in the morning does not begin until 7:40 AM. Please do not leave your child(ren) on the playground in the morning without adult supervision.
- You will receive a weekly phone blast with information on the upcoming events, activities, and announcements. We hope that this increased communication will allow you to know what is happening in our school and with your students. We encourage you to actively listen to the message with your child(ren).
- A live building calendar will be available on the Roosevelt Website. This calendar will be updated regularly and will include information regarding the activities and programs at Roosevelt School. Parents are encouraged to add the calendar to their digital calendar platform.
- Our teachers are very excited to meet their students. Homeroom information is available on Genesis. Students and parents are encouraged to review the supply list on their homeroom teacher’s website and access the appropriate materials. If there are any issues for families regarding materials on the list, please feel free to reach out to the main office and we will provide the appropriate support.
- Roosevelt School is always looking for parent volunteers! Please feel free to touch base with our team to see if there is a way we can include you in the various activities, programs, and initiatives in the building and district.
Finally, we encourage you to join us on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the multipurpose room for our Annual Ice Cream Social. This meet and greet will give you, and your family, an opportunity to meet various members of the Roosevelt team. Also, please join us on September 6, 2018 at 8:15 AM for our Welcome and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony! This program will last approximately 15 minutes and will take place on the lawn on Brooks Boulevard.
Please feel free to reach out to my office 908.231.8500 x 6809 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns that you may have throughout the year!
Dr. Jamil Maroun