The Teacher's Corner
Phone: (908) 280-3000 x4010
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Elementary Education/Human Ecology Standard Certificate Grades K-8
Mrs. Cristina Zuniga
Welcome to Fourth Grade!
"The more you read, the more things you know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
My name is Mrs. Cristina Zuniga and I will be teaching fourth grade language arts and social studies in room 14. I have been teaching in Manville for the last fourteen years. I began as a first grade teacher at Weston and moved to Roosevelt in 2012 to teach fifth grade. After returning from maternity leave last year (and having my adorable little girl Riley), I was given the opportunity to teach fourth grade and am excited to be continuing in fourth this year.
I will be sharing my Language Arts classes with Mrs. Dana Parks (formerly Miss Mortensen). We will be teaching the students in my homeroom as well as Ms. Dattola's homeroom. I will also be teaching social studies to both of those classes as well. Math and science will be tackled by Ms. Dattola and Mrs. Bolte.
A few things to remember so that everyday is a success:
1) Nobody is perfect (myself included)...that is why pencils have erasers. Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
2) Do what is right, not what is easy. Be someone that lifts others up and doesn't tear them down.
3) Come prepared to learn each day, supplies in hand, positive attitude on and listening ears attached.
4) If you need help (with anything, not just school work) always, always ask! That's what I'm here for.
5) "In every task that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and then the job's a snap!" (I have a two year old that loves Mary Poppins ). In other words, look for the fun in everything...it's there!