Please note that I am working on updating this webpage daily now with important information. Check back frequently for updates for the 2020-2021 Virtual Fourth Grade school year!
The Teacher's Corner
Phone: 908-231-8500 (7159)
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Elementary Education/Human Ecology Standard Certificate Grades K-8 Preschool Certification P-3
Mrs. Cristina Zuniga
Welcome to Our Virtual Fourth Grade!
Updated for the 2020-2021 School Year
Hello to all my future fourth grade friends and their families. My name is Mrs. Cristina Zuniga, and I can't wait to "see" you to start this awesome year as a fantastic virtual team. As everyone knows, this is unchartered territory for all of us to navigate right now but luckily, we can navigate it together. My number one goal is to make this year as positive, rewarding and fun as possible. I may not always have the answers, but I will do my best to find them out for you. When I have important information to share, you will be the first to know.
A little bit about myself and who I'm working with this year. This is my 17th year in the Manville School District. I have taught first grade, fifth grade and now fourth (which is obviously the best, duh!). I love teaching language arts and instilling a joy of reading in my students (it's one of my favorite hobbies). If you have a good book recommendation, send it my way. I also love COFFEE (for real), sharks (they're awesome) and Harry Potter (the best). I can't wait to learn about each of you and what you love.
This year, my partner teacher is Mrs. Meghan Dattola. She is teaching math and science (I am teaching Language Arts and Social Studies). We are also being joined by the fabulous Mrs. Karen Sweeney who will be joining some of our classes as a co-teacher.
A few things to note...we will be using Zoom, the Remind App and Google Classroom as our main methods of communication this year. It is very important that our fourth graders' grown-ups have working email addresses that they check frequently. Please prepare yourself by signing up for one if you do not have one. It is essential. GMail is always a great option and it's free.
I always try to respond to parent questions and emails ASAP. With this new learning format, my times tends to get away from me working with students online. Plus I do need to cut off at the end of the school day to work with my own children at home. Please allow at least 24 hours for reponses that are non-urgent. I appreciate it!
A few things to remember so that everyday is a success:
1) Nobody is perfect (myself included)...that is why pencils have erasers (and keyboards have backspaces). Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
2) Kindness is free. Sprinkle that stuff everywhere.
3) Come prepared to learn each day, supplies in hand, positive attitude on and listening ears attached. Get up and dressed as if it is a normal school day. Have a good brekfast and log on ready to learn.
4) If you need help (with anything, not just school work) always, always ask! That's what I'm here for.
5) Try to find the fun in everything...it's there if you look hard enough!
6) Google Classroom is our friend this year...check it everyday and frequently. We will be working on getting you signed up for them and inviting your parents to join as well in a few weeks.
7) Don't be nervous or scared...we are in this together.