A/V Club will be meeting weekly in the auditorium at a TBD time once we return to in-person learning. For any questions, please contact Mr. Fett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purpose of the A/V Club is to teach students how to properly operate the equipment used for sound and lighting at live events. This includes theatrical performances, concerts, presentations, award nights, and other miscellaneous school events. The end goal is for students to be able to independently run the equipment without the aid of a teacher.
Club Goals & Objectives
- Students will develop knowledge of common terminology needed to work in the A/V field.
- Students will understand how to prepare and set-up for different performance scenarios.
- Students will develop the skills needed to operate audio and video equipment autonomously.
- Students will develop the problem-solving skills needed for successfully running a performance, including how to troubleshoot on the fly.
- Students will operate sound and lighting equipment at various school functions. Initially this will be under teacher supervision, but students who can pass the test will have the opportunity to run the equipment independently.
- Regular attendance to A/V Club is expected for students who wish to be able to work at events. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I am planning to have the Club meet weekly.
- Students are to dispose of any gum, food, or drinks in the garbage prior to working with any equipment.
- Students are to show respect for themselves, faculty members, fellow peers, and school property (desks, chairs, instruments, sheet music, facilities, etc.). Students are responsible for any property or materials assigned to them that is lost or broken.
- Students who do not adhere to the rules of the school and auditorium will be removed from the club and will no longer be allowed to participate in any A/V events.
- We will be using the Remind app for important announcements. The code is: @AVMHS