Entering the Gymnasium
- Students may not enter the gymnasium until their teacher is present and has given them permission to enter.
- Students should put their belongings (books, folders, pencil cases, etc.) on the table in the hall. NO CLASSROOM MATERIALS IN THE GYMNASIUM.
- Until this time students should be lined up against the lockers outside the gymnasium quietly.
- Students will enter the gymnasium quietly and orderly.
- The activity and objective of the day will be posted on the white board as the students enter.
Exiting the Gymnasium
- Students will be dismissed by the teacher. The bell does not dismiss the students.
- Students must ask the teacher before they leave the room to use the rest room
- Students MUST SIGN OUT when they leave the gymnasium to use the bathroom
- The school bathroom policy is also stated in the student handbook
- When PE class is outside, students will use the outdoor restrooms only
Water Fountain Procedures
- Students must ask the teacher before they leave the room to use a water fountain
- When PE class is outside, students will not be able to use the indoor water fountain and are permitted to bring water bottles.
Late to Class
- If a students is late to class they must have a pass from another teacher, the nurse, or an administrator. If there is no pass present the student will be marked tardy. If there is persistent tardiness disciplinary action will ensue.
Fire Drill Procedure
- Directions for a fire drill will be posted on the wall of the gymnasium as well as the health class room. Students are required to follow the teacher’s instructions, calmly and quietly. The class will proceed together to the designated area outside of the school where they will await instructions from the teacher and administration.